In order to serve the TUC community and our students more fully, the Provost has constituted the TUC Campus Assessment, Response and Evaluation Team. The charge of this team is to provide a mechanism for improved coordination and communication across our campus to help ensure the academic success, health and safety of all individuals within our community. The C.A.R.E Team will also have a role in marshaling school resources to promote student success, health, and development by intervening in various ways that could help a struggling student continue his or her education.
Direct charges will be:
- Gathering information about students of concern. The Team will receive, review, and catalog information about observations by community members that raise concerns for student health and safety. This may also expand to include behaviors by others on or off campus, besides students.
- Assessing the information about each case in a systematic way to determine the most effective response for that particular person and situation.
- Defining the plan/response to address the health and safety needs of both the student and the community. The plan/response will consider specifics about who, when, where, and how the response will occur.
- Implementing the response in a way that de-escalates a potential crisis, reduces or removes threats, and attends to the needs of the individual who is demonstrating a concerning behavior. The actual implementation of a response may be carried out by other individuals or departments. In such cases, the Team may act in an advisory and coordinating role.
- Monitoring the disposition of the case to gauge whether any additional follow-up is needed, whether the response was effective, when to discontinue observation and, what lessons may be learned for future cases, especially in terms of implications for school policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the above functions under the purview of the C.A.R.E. Team serves the goals to:
- prevent any particular instance of a student in possible crisis from falling through the organizational cracks; and
- connect disparate (and perhaps seemingly innocuous or less concerning) pieces of information that may indicate a student who is struggling, in the hope of preventing an interruption in the educational progress of the student of concern or the community.
- identify and coordinate appropriate resources for the assistance and success of the involved student(s)
If you wish to make a report (you may an anonymous report) please click on the form to the right
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.