Application Process for 2020 - 2021

Summer 2020, Fall 2020, & Spring 2021

You can simplify your annual application for financial aid by following the steps below. Please note that you must also be registered in at least six credits per applicable toward your degree to be eligible for federal aid in each term or semester of study.  Students who received federal loans at TUC in the last award year can skip steps 5 and 6.

If you are taking classes summer 2020 or later, you will need to complete the 2020-21 FAFSA.

Incoming students can see the checklist for all departments here.

Step 1: Create a FSA ID (New TUC aid recipients only)


Step 2: Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)  

The 2020-2021 FAFSA will use 2018 income.

Select school code 041426.  

Do not select the “Will File” status. The Financial Aid Office will not award your financial aid until you have filed your federal tax return if you are required to file. 

See other FAFSA filing help: The Two-Minute FAFSA Video, FAFSA Checklist, Married and filing a FAFSA, 8 things to know about the 2020-21 FAFSA


Step 3: Submit Required Documentation and/or missing information.

You are able to view the missing information on TouroOne and will be sent emails to your Touro email address.  For example: citizenship or verification documentation. 

Note: "Terms and Conditions" only after you have been offered your federal financial aid for 2020-21. 

COVID-19 Update. As of 4/3/2020, many forms can now be emailed to  Make sure that if your document contains personally identifiable information that you encrypt your documents using encryption software or an encryption service.  You can also send documents via snail mail to TUC, Financial Aid, 1310 Club Drive, Vallejo 94592. Contact us with questions: 


Step 4: Check out the Cost of Attendance of your program.

 The 2020-2021 Cost of Attendance  (COA) budgets are available for all programs. These forms will assist you in determining the maximum amount you can borrow for your year in your program. 


Step 5: Complete Entrance Counseling (incoming students or new loan borrowers only)

TouroOne may not reflect this information until you are able to accept your loan offers 

First time Direct loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized and Grad PLUS borrowers at Touro University California must complete Entrance Counseling before applying for student loans. Entrance Counseling is an online tutorial that teaches students about their rights and responsibilities as loan borrowers. Federal Loan Balances, will show on your dashboard when you log in.  


Step 6: E-sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN(incoming students or new loan borrowers only)

TouroOne may not reflect this information until you are able to accept your award offers.

First time borrowers at Touro University California must complete the Loan Agreement also known as the Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the Federal Student Aid website in order for their funds to disburse. 

Your MPN can be signed using school code 041426. Students should complete both the 1) Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan MPN and the 2) Grad PLUS Loan MPN. You can find more information about federal financial assistance programs loan interest rates and fees on our website and from the Federal Student Aid Information Center

Note: If you are enrolled in a Teacher Credential Program and not a Master's, you will not need to complete the Grad Plus.

If you want to apply for a private student loan (credit based non-federal) start here.


Step 7: Accept/Reduce/Decline your loan offers in TouroOne.

You will receive an email when your loan offers are ready to review.

For more information regarding loan disbursements and refunds, see our FAQ's.


 Please note that your cost of living disbursements are generally dependent upon applying and being approved for the Grad PLUS Loan or private alternative loans.

All loan funds are disbursed to the school and distributed after verification of:

* satisfactory academic progress

* registration in at least 6 credits for the semester that lead toward your degree.

If you have any questions please call (707) 638-5280 or e-mail the Financial Aid Office at You can also visit us at 690 Walnut Avenue. Walk-ins are welcome, no appointment needed!  See our main page for hours and holiday schedules.

We look forward to working with you!