Basic Eligibility Criteria
Federal regulations state that in order to meet basic eligibility criteria you must:
- demonstrate financial need for direct subsidized loans and work study;
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen**;
- have a valid Social Security number;
- be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25);
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment;
- be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA®) form stating that
- you are not in default on a federal student loan,
- you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and
- you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
- The federal direct graduate plus loan requires that student's have no evidence of an adverse credit history.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any eligibility questions.
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.